Children are the future of any country. While many of the grown-ups dismiss what they say or do as “kiddish”, there are some of them who have achieved a lot at a tender age, what we adults can only aspire for! For some, coding is surely something that can put their minds to a spin. But some truly enjoy the challenge and end up being good at it. However, there are some for whom all this is rather effortless.
We came across one such individual, who has defied odds at a very young age. Meet Sagnik Ghorai, 12 years old, studying in class 7, Garden High School, Kolkata, India’s child prodigy. He is a young coder and he has developed many apps. One of his apps has even been selected for the Silicon Valley Championship conducted by WhiteHatJr. He is the creator of eHelp App, currently, he is learning robotics from Bombay IIT Alumni. He has won many awards in his tender life, these are:
- He has achieved 8 gold medals with other awards.
- He has won a Silicon Valley, USA trip by creating an App.
- He has also been selected as a Young Visionary to showcase his idea in the Young Visionaries Event. He presented his idea to Mr Sonam Wangchuk, recipient of the prestigious Ramon Magsaysay Award with over 400 patents to his name.
- He is a gold scholar in ASSET Talent Search Examination in Class 5 and again, in Class 6. This child prodigy won awards in two consecutive classes.
- He won 5 gold medals in the SOF Olympiad; 3 in Mathematics, 1 in Cyber and another one in General Knowledge (GK) with distinction.
- He has also won a silver medal in Science.
- He is awarded a gold medal in the Unified Cyber Olympiad with an AIR (All India Rank) of 15.
- He received a Young Scholar Award from The Times Group in 2019.
We wish a bright future for this child prodigy. The Child Prodigy Magazine recognizes the kids who are extraordinarily talented and Sagnik Ghorai is one of the Top 100 Child Prodigies. He has earned the title “The Coding Champion” by The Child Prodigy Magazine for his intelligence in Coding and creating apps.